Abortion Costs and Abortion Information for Detroit, Michigan Abortion Clinic
What does the inclusive fee for abortions services cover:
Ultrasound, counseling, lab work, pre-op meds, procedure with IV sedation, recovery care, all meds to take home and check up 2 to 3 weeks after abortion. We also have samples of some birth-control methods if you would like to start something immediately after your abortion.
Can I Get Assistance In Detroit For Abortion Care?
Abortion Financial Assistance is Available For The Detroit Area. Please Call us for more information!
Time Based Options, guidelines, and summary of Abortion Information
We understand that many Detroit patients prefer to end their pregnancy as soon as possible.
4 WEEKS (As Early As 4 Weeks) Abortion Options In Detroit, Michigan
The earliest abortion option can take place as early as 4 weeks following the first day of your last menstrual period.
6 TO 12 WEEKS Abortion Options In Detroit, Michigan
Vacuum aspiration abortion is performed between 6 and 12 weeks after your last menstrual period. This safe and simple procedure, which takes about 3 to 5 minutes, is the most commonly performed abortion in the United States.
14 WEEKS (Up To 14 Weeks) Abortion Options In Detroit, Michigan
For an abortion up to 14 weeks a suction method of termination is used.
15 TO 24 WEEKS Abortion Options In Detroit, Michigan
For an abortion from 15 weeks to 24 weeks requires dilation and evacuation, a two day procedure involving insertion of a dilator on day one and the actual abortion on day two. Our Clinic provides referrals to have this procedure performed.
6 TO 24 WEEK SURGICAL ABORTION Abortion Options In Detroit, Michigan
You can have a surgical abortion from 6-24 weeks of pregnancy. Initial consultation with a clinician here can occur in person or, for your convenience, by phone. An appointment can be scheduled as soon as the State of Michigan 24 hour mandate is satisfied.
12 TO 24 WEEKS D&E Abortion Options In Detroit, Michigan
The third procedure, for women in their second trimester (those who are between 12 and 24 weeks pregnant), is called a D&E. For this procedure, your cervix must be softened or dilated by one of two methods: (1) insertion of a laminaria or (2) use of a medication to soften the cervix. A clinician will review your ultrasound and medical history and then give you information and instructions for the safest dilation method for you of this type of abortion services. Scotsdale Women's Center provides diagnostic ultrasound to determine gestational size. Our Detroit, Michigan office has the latest in both Ultrasound / Lab Facility technologies.
Morning After Pill for Detroit, Michigan Abortion Clinic
YOU MAY WALK IN DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS TO PURCHASE THE "MORNING AFTER PILL Also Called RU486 | Early Option Pill | Mifeprex" AT OUR RECEPTION WINDOW. Morning After Pill (emergency contraception) - Is a second chance to prevent pregnancy.
WALK INS WELCOME
Emergency contraception (also known as the "morning after pill" or "plan B") is a safe and effective way to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex or when birth control fails. Emergency contraception pills are a large dose of hormones that form a hostile environment for the egg to fertilize. The morning after pill prevents pregnancy by temporarily stopping the release of an egg from a woman’s ovary; they may also prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus.
Within 120 hours after unprotected vaginal intercourse you have a 75% chance of avoiding pregnancy with emergency contraception. However, the chances of avoiding pregnancy increase to 89% within 24 hours of unprotected sex. The sooner the pills are taken, the more effective they will be in preventing pregnancy. The "morning after pill" will not work if you are already pregnant. For more information Click Here.
Advantages of “The Morning After Pill”
- Prevent unwanted pregnancies without contraceptive
- Can be used for emergency protection when the need arises if you cannot take birth control
- Reduces unplanned pregnancies and abortion while also decreasing anxiety and cost
- Can be obtained ahead of time in case of emergency
Disadvantages of “The Morning After Pill”
- Possible side effects including nausea and vomiting
- Other contraception may be more effective
Non Surgical Abortion for Detroit, Michigan Abortion Clinic
Also known as the abortion pill, non-surgical abortion is a safe, non-invasive option if you are not more than 70 days from your last normal menstrual period. It is administered in pill form.
Mifeprex is a pill that blocks a hormone that is needed for your pregnancy to continue using two medications. First, mifepristone weakens the attachment of the pregnancy to the uterus. Misoprostol then makes the uterus cramp and bleed, expelling the pregnancy. The Medication Guide you will receive at your first visit explains how it works in more detail.
For more information about The Abortion Pill (or Mifeprex / RU-486), please call Scotsdale Women's Center, a phone counselor will be happy to answer your questions. Click Here To Learn More About Non Surgical Abortion
- Medical Abortion Benefits
- 95-98% success rate
- Non-surgical with low complication rate
- No shots, anesthesia or instruments
- Whole experience is similar to menstruation
WALK INS WELCOME
UCG (Free) Urine:
This test will detect pregnancy at 6 weeks. This means you should be at least 2 weeks late for your period. This test is about 87% accurate and should be done between 6 and 15 weeks to get an accurate result.
EPT ($10) Urine:
This test will detect pregnancy at 7 to 10 days past conception. This means you should be expecting a period but do not have to be late for it. This test is 99% accurate.
If Your Pregnancy Test Is Negative:
- You may NOT be pregnant.
- You are too early or late in your pregnancy for this test to show an accurate result.
- You may have had an early miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy.
- This may be a false negative or false reading. Something in the urine or container may have interfered with an accurate reading.
If Your Pregnancy Test Is Positive:
- You MAY be pregnant.
- This may be an ectopic pregnancy (the pregnancy is in the fallopian tube, not the uterus). This condition is dangerous and requires immediate hospitalization.
- The test may be a false positive or a false reading. Something in the urine or container may have interfered with an accurate reading.
Find A Birth Control Method in Detroit, Michigan
Bedsider is a website filled with birth control information and where to get it. They have a special section titled "Method Explorer" that is a place to learn about all your birth control options. They cover every available method, from the IUD (and others on their most effective list) to condoms, the pill, the patch, and more. You can click on any method for more details. A great apples-to-apples way to compare!
Scotsdale Women's Center offers walk in gynocology/family planning exams on Thursday afternoons from 1:00 to 4:00. We accept may insurances and have reduced cash fee's for those not covered by an insurance. Certified Nurse Midwives provide a full range of services.
- Birth Control
There are several ways to protect from unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections. It is important to know and understand the different forms of birth control to make informed decisions on what method to use. There are two main types of birth control: Barrier methods and hormonal methods. Barrier birth control methods physically prevent sperm from fertilizing an egg and hormonal methods alter a woman’s hormonal cycle to prevent fertilization. We offer several different types of each of these methods. Contact us today to see what type is right for you.
- Prenatal Care
Prenatal services provided on a WALK-IN basis by Certified Nurse Midwives from Hutzel Hospital. Patients are offered the option of delivering at Hutzel or Oakwood Hospital. Many insurances accepted. See our OB/Prenatal page for more information.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
Contact us today to learn more about what we can offer for hormone replacement therapy.
- Weight-loss Management
Whether you are trying to lose a few pounds or many, our multidisciplinary approach provides a sound plan to lose weight and keep it off. We offer meal plans, medical management, nutrition education, behavioral therapy and exercise guides. This fundamental approach will have you on the road to results in no time. Contact us today to start living your healthiest life.
- Mirena, Paragard, Nexplanon
Mirena, Paragard, and Nexplanon are different types of IUD’s. IUD’s are all long-acting reversible methods of birth control that may be removed.
Mirena: Made of plastic and releases a small amount of the synthetic hormone progestin, which keeps sperm from reaching the uterus. This IUD stops your regular period but may cause irregular bleeding/spotting. May last anywhere from 3-6 years. Mirena is completely reversible which means as soon as it is removed, you return to baseline fertility.
Paragard: Made of plastic and a small amount of safe copper. Paragard is a non-hormonal IUD. It releases a small amount of the synthetic hormone progestin, which keeps sperm from reaching the uterus. This IUD does not interrupt your periods and can prevent pregnancy for up to 12 years. Paragard is completely reversible which means as soon as it is removed, you return to baseline fertility.
Nexplanon: An undetectable implanted plastic rod placed in the upper arm. Works by releasing small amounts of progestin that prevents the ovaries from releasing eggs. This IUD is effective for up to 4 years and you return to baseline fertility when it is removed.
- All OB/GYN needs from adolesence to menopause!
OB / Prenatal Care for Detroit, Michigan Abortion Clinic
Detroit Prenatal Services
Prenatal services provided on a WALK IN basis by Certified Nurse Midwives from Hutzel Hospital. Patients are offered the option of delivering at Hutzel or Oakwood Hospital. Many insurances accepted.
Over the course of several visits you will be asked a variety of questions. The answers will help the doctor discover anything that may affect your pregnancy. Questions may include:
- General examination: Regular heart, lung, and blood pressure checks
- Internal examination
- Height check: This is a rough guide to the size of your pelvis. A small pelvis may lead to a difficult delivery. If you are over 5 ft. any problems are unlikely.
- Weight check
- Blood tests: May be required to check for blood type and whether you are anemic or have any other diseases
- Urine tests: These will check your sugar and protein levels throughout the pregnancy
The above tests and questions along with other procedures will be followed throughout the course of your pregnancy. Many women may feel bored or frustrated with the lengthy procedures at the clinic. You may want to bring someone along to keep you company. These appointments are very important as they will ensure you receive all the care and attention you may need to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
For ALL of your women's health needs!
- Every Monday 9am to 3pm
- Walk in hours 9am – 12pm
- Arrive on time and be prepared to be at Scotsdale Women's Center for approximately 3 - 4 hours.
- Do not eat or drink for at least 2 hours before your appointment.
- Bring current photo I.D., nothing expired. If you have received your 24 hour consent information on line, you must bring the printed confirmation with you.
- The State of Michigan requires all minors (under 18 years) have parental consent or a judicial bypass.
- Payment in full is expected when you come in for your appointment. Financial assistance is available to low income women.
- All major credit cards are accepted.
- We DO NOT accept personal checks.
- Scotsdale Women's Center is located 13 blocks west of Southfield, or 6 blocks east of Evergreen on the south side of the street.
- You must have a driver with you to receive sedation.
- If anything prevents you from keeping your scheduled appointment CALL US. We are here to help you financially, emotionally, or any other way you need support. Just ASK!
- As a courtesy to your fellow patients limit companions to one person over 18.
- Children/infants should not be in our lobby.
Medical complications are rare and you will return to normal very quickly.
Most women are able to return to work or school the following day. You should avoid heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for three days following your surgery.
Our staff is available to you anytime following your abortion. We encourage you to call during daytime hours (when your chart is available for review), if you have a question or concern you may call at anytime or come in after 10am Tuesday – Saturday. Follow-up appointments are required 3 weeks after a surgical procedure and 2 weeks after a medical procedure.
Feeling emotional after an abortion is common. Some women feel elated or relieved, while others feel sad. The best thing to do is to talk about how you feel with your partner or a good friend. If your feelings seem overwhelming, you may need more support. Call us and ask a staff member for referrals for further counseling or other support. You can also contact Exhale www.4exhale.org the after-abortion talk line for free.
Here are some things to keep in mind for the week or two after the abortion:
- You should avoid heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for 3 days.
- Because of the risk of infection, make sure you avoid sexual intercourse, douching, or inserting anything into the vagina for two weeks after the surgery.
- Bleeding after an abortion is normal. Bleeding can start and stop for 2 to 3 weeks. However, you should call us if your bleeding is heavier than what is described in the aftercare information.
- It is normal to have cramping after your abortion, take the medication provided to relieve them. Follow the written instructions for pain relief in your aftercare information.
- Pregnancy symptoms usually disappear within a day or two, except breast symptoms, which may last longer. If pregnancy symptoms are still present 72 hours after your procedure, please call the clinic.
- Most women feel well enough to return to work or school the following day.
- You should have your next menstrual period within 4-6 weeks.
- Again, please call us if you have any concerns or questions.
- In the rare event that you need additional care for your abortion, we encourage you to return to Scotsdale Women's Center. If you choose to go to another facility for your care, we are not able to cover the costs.
- If you choose to be sexually active, and do not want to become pregnant, you must choose a birth control method. Ovulation does occur before your next period and any unprotected sex could result in pregnancy.
- We want to make sure that everything is normal after the abortion. We ask that you come back to the clinic for a follow-up visit after your procedure. There is no fee charged for this visit.
REMEMBER - CALL SCOTSDALE WOMEN'S CENTER FIRST with any questions or concerns.
Most can be answered/rectified by phone or a simple trip back to our facility . You may walk in any time after 10:00 AM Tuesday through Saturday should you have concerns that need to be addressed immediately.
EMERGENCY CALLS may be made anytime, 24 hours a day. CALL: 313-538-2020