Abortion Clinic Detroit MI Scotsdale Women's Center
The #1 Premier Abortion Clinic Detroit MI | Abortion Clinic Detroit MI
Scotsdale Women's Center has a caring staff that provides Detroit abortion services and family planning services in a comfortable nonjudgmental atmosphere. Morning After Pill available for purchase at the reception window daily. Walk in pregnancy testing, family planning exams and prenatal care. All-inclusive fee for abortion services. Financial assistance available for low income women. Located on the North West side of Detroit, Scotsdale Women's Center has been serving this community since 1976. Our clinic features a self-standing building with guarded private parking lot with a large patient and visitor waiting area. Scotsdale Women's Center, celebrating choice and caring for women in Detroit for over 30 years.
Accreditations You Can Trust | Abortion Clinic Detroit MI
Member of National Abortion Federation, State of Michigan, Abortion Care Network.
Qualified Detroit Abortion Doctors | Abortion Clinic Detroit MI
Our doctors are experienced in the latest techniques.
Affordable Care | Abortion Clinic Detroit MI
Financial assistance is available. All major credit cards accepted.
A Modern Office | Abortion Clinic Detroit MI
Our facility is kept up to date with the latest technologies.
Additional Detroit Abortion Clinic Information
(click a section to expand it)
Abortion Information in Detroit, MI
All inclusive fee for abortions services:
Ultrasound, counseling, lab work, pre-op meds, procedure with IV sedation, recovery care, all meds to take home and check up 2 to 3 weeks after abortion. We also have samples of some birth-control methods if you would like to start something immediately after your abortion.
Financial Assistance Available. Call us for more information!
For an abortion up to 14 weeks a suction method of termination is used.
For an abortion from 15 weeks to 24 weeks requires dilation and evacuation, a two day procedure involving insertion of a dilator on day one and the actual abortion on day two. Our Clinic provides referrals to have this procedure performed.
You can have a surgical abortion from 6-24 weeks of pregnancy. Initial consultation with a clinician here can occur in person or, for your convenience, by phone. An appointment can be scheduled as soon as the State of Michigan 24 hour mandate is satisfied.
The earliest abortion option can take place as early as 4 weeks following the first day of your last menstrual period.
Many patients prefer to end their pregnancy as soon as possible.
Vacuum aspiration abortion is performed between 6 and 12 weeks after your last menstrual period. This safe and simple procedure, which takes about 3 to 5 minutes, is the most commonly performed abortion in the United States.
The third procedure, for women in their second trimester (those who are between 12 and 24 weeks pregnant), is called a D&E. For this procedure, your cervix must be softened or dilated by one of two methods: (1) insertion of a laminaria or (2) use of a medication to soften the cervix. A clinician will review your ultrasound and medical history and then give you information and instructions for the safest dilation method for you of this type of abortion services.
Ultrasound / Lab Facilities | Abortion Clinic Detroit MI
Scotsdale Women's Center provides diagnostic ultrasound to determine gestational size.
Morning After Pill and Non Surgical Abortion in Detroit, MI
Morning After Pill | Abortion Clinic Detroit MI
YOU MAY WALK IN DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS TO PURCHASE THE "MORNING AFTER PILL Also Called RU486 | Early Option Pill | Mifeprex" AT OUR RECEPTION WINDOW. Morning After Pill (emergency contraception) - Is a second chance to prevent pregnancy.
Emergency contraception (also known as the "morning after pill") is a safe and effective way to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex or when birth control fails. Emergency contraception pills prevent pregnancy by temporarily stopping the release of an egg from a woman’s ovary; they may also prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus.
The morning after pill should be taken within 72 hours of unprotected vaginal intercourse. The sooner the pills are taken, the more effective they will be in preventing pregnancy. The "morning after pill" will not work if you are already pregnant. For more information Click Here.
Non Surgical Abortion | Abortion Clinic Detroit MI
A safe, non-invasive option if you are not more than 70 days from your last normal menstrual period. It is administered in pill form.
Mifeprex is a pill that blocks a hormone that is needed for your pregnancy to continue. When followed by another medicine, misoprostol, Mifeprex ends the pregnancy. The Medication Guide you will receive at your first visit explains how it works in more detail.
For more information about The Abortion Pill ( or Mifeprex / RU-486), please call Scotsdale Women's Center, a phone counselor will be happy to answer your questions. Click Here To Learn More About Non Surgical Abortion
Walk In Pregnancy Testing and GYN Services in Detroit, MI
Walk In Pregnancy Testing | Abortion Clinic Detroit MI
UCG (Free) Urine:
This test will detect pregnancy at 6 weeks. This means you should be at least 2 weeks late for your period. This test is about 87% accurate and should be done between 6 and 15 weeks to get an accurate result.
EPT ($10) Urine:
This test will detect pregnancy at 7 to 10 days past conception. This means you should be expecting a period but do not have to be late for it. This test is 99% accurate.
If Your Pregnancy Test Is Negative:
- You may NOT be pregnant.
- You are too early or late in your pregnancy for this test to show an accurate result.
- You may have had an early miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy.
- This may be a false negative or false reading. Something in the urine or container may have interfered with an accurate reading.
If Your Pregnancy Test Is Positive:
- You MAY be pregnant.
- This may be an ectopic pregnancy (the pregnancy is in the fallopian tube, not the uterus). This condition is dangerous and requires immediate hospitalization.
- The test may be a false positive or a false reading. Something in the urine or container may have interfered with an accurate reading.
GYN Services | Abortion Clinic Detroit MI
Bedsider is a website filled with birth control information and where to get it. They have a special section titled "Method Explorer" that is a place to learn about all your birth control options. They cover every available method, from the IUD (and others on their most effective list) to condoms, the pill, the patch, and more. You can click on any method for more details. A great apples-to-apples way to compare!
Scotsdale Women's Center offers walk in gynecology/family planning exams on Thursday afternoons from 1:00 to 4:00. We accept may insurances and have reduced cash fee's for those not covered by an insurance. Certified Nurse Midwives provide a full range of services.
- Birth Control
- Prenatal Care
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Weight-loss Management
- Mirena, Paragard, Nexplanon
- All OB/GYN needs from adolescence to menopause!
OB / Prenatal Care in Detroit, MI
OB / Prenatal Care | Abortion Clinic Detroit MI
Prenatal services provided on a WALK IN basis by Certified Nurse Midwives from Hutzel Hospital. Patients are offered the option of delivering at Hutzel or Oakwood Hospital. Many insurances accepted.
For ALL of your women's health needs!
- Every Monday 9am to 3pm
- Walk in hours 9am – 12pm
Your Appointment | Detroit Abortion Clinic Appointment Preperation | Abortion Clinic Detroit MI
- Arrive on time and be prepared to be at Scotsdale Women's Center for approximately 3 - 4 hours.
- Do not eat or drink for at least 2 hours before your appointment.
- Bring current photo I.D., nothing expired. If you have received your 24 hour consent information on line, you must bring the printed confirmation with you.
- The State of Michigan requires all minors (under 18 years) have parental consent or a judicial bypass.
- Payment in full is expected when you come in for your appointment. Financial assistance is available to low income women.
- All major credit cards are accepted.
- We DO NOT accept personal checks.
- Scotsdale Women's Center is located 13 blocks west of Southfield, or 6 blocks east of Evergreen on the south side of the street.
- You must have a driver with you to receive sedation.
- If anything prevents you from keeping your scheduled appointment CALL US. We are here to help you financially, emotionally, or any other way you need support. Just ASK!
- As a courtesy to your fellow patients limit companions to one person over 18.
- Children/infants should not be in our lobby.
Post-Op Instructions | Detroit Abortion Clinic Post Op Instructions | Abortion Clinic Detroit MI
Medical complications are rare and you will return to normal very quickly.
Most women are able to return to work or school the following day. You should avoid heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for three days following your surgery.
Our staff is available to you anytime following your abortion. We encourage you to call during daytime hours (when your chart is available for review), if you have a question or concern you may call at anytime or come in after 10am Tuesday – Saturday. Follow-up appointments are required 3 weeks after a surgical procedure and 2 weeks after a medical procedure.
Feeling emotional after an abortion is common. Some women feel elated or relieved, while others feel sad. The best thing to do is to talk about how you feel with your partner or a good friend. If your feelings seem overwhelming, you may need more support. Call us and ask a staff member for referrals for further counseling or other support. You can also contact Exhale www.4exhale.org the after-abortion talk line for free.
Here are some things to keep in mind for the week or two after the abortion: | Abortion Clinic Detroit MI
- You should avoid heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for 3 days.
- Because of the risk of infection, make sure you avoid sexual intercourse, douching, or inserting anything into the vagina for two weeks after the surgery.
- Bleeding after an abortion is normal. Bleeding can start and stop for 2 to 3 weeks. However, you should call us if your bleeding is heavier than what is described in the aftercare information.
- It is normal to have cramping after your abortion, take the medication provided to relieve them. Follow the written instructions for pain relief in your aftercare information.
- Pregnancy symptoms usually disappear within a day or two, except breast symptoms, which may last longer. If pregnancy symptoms are still present 72 hours after your procedure, please call the clinic.
- Most women feel well enough to return to work or school the following day.
- You should have your next menstrual period within 4-6 weeks.
- Again, please call us if you have any concerns or questions.
- In the rare event that you need additional care for your abortion, we encourage you to return to Scotsdale Women's Center. If you choose to go to another facility for your care, we are not able to cover the costs.
- If you choose to be sexually active, and do not want to become pregnant, you must choose a birth control method. Ovulation does occur before your next period and any unprotected sex could result in pregnancy.
- We want to make sure that everything is normal after the abortion. We ask that you come back to the clinic for a follow-up visit after your procedure. There is no fee charged for this visit.