Morning After Pill in Detroit, MI
Serving the Detroit Area
YOU MAY WALK IN DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS TO PURCHASE THE "MORNING AFTER PILL" AT OUR RECEPTION WINDOW. Morning After Pill (emergency contraception) - Is a second chance to prevent pregnancy.
Emergency contraception, also known as the "morning after pill" or “plan B”, is a safe and effective way to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex or when birth control fails. Emergency contraception pills are a large dose of hormones that form a hostile environment for the egg to fertilize. The morning after pill prevents pregnancy by temporarily stopping the release of an egg from a woman’s ovary; they may also prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus.
Within 120 hours after unprotected vaginal intercourse you have a 75% chance of avoiding pregnancy with emergency contraception. However, the chances of avoiding pregnancy increase to 89% within 24 hours of unprotected sex. The sooner the pills are taken, the more effective they will be in preventing pregnancy. The "morning after pill" will not work if you are already pregnant. Click Here for more information.
Advantages of “The Morning After Pill”
- Prevent unwanted pregnancies without contraceptive
- Can be used for emergency protection when the need arises if you cannot take birth control
- Reduces unplanned pregnancies and abortion while also decreasing anxiety and cost
- Can be obtained ahead of time in case of emergency
Disadvantages of “The Morning After Pill”
- Possible side effects including nausea and vomiting
- Other contraception may be more effective