Scotsdale Women's Center
Our Mission - Abortion Clinic in Detroit Michigan
Scotsdale Women's Center provides access to abortion services to residents of Detroit in a comfortable, non-judgmental atmosphere. Our caring staff is committed to safe services for all women. Located on the North West side of Detroit, Scotsdale Women's Center has been serving this community since 1976. Our clinic features a self-standing building with guarded private parking lot. We are honored to celebrating over 40 years of women's choice in Detroit.
Accreditations You Can Trust
Member of National Abortion Federation, State of Michigan, Abortion Care Network.
Qualified Detroit Abortion Doctors
Our doctors are experienced in the latest techniques.
Financial assistance is available. All major credit cards accepted.
Informed Consent Confirmation Form
You must have this physically in your possession 24 hours prior to your appointment.
Click image for form
Additional Detroit Abortion Clinic Information
(click a section to expand it)
Request an Appointment in Detroit, MI
Request an Appointment
Prior to your appointment you must receive your 24 Hour Informed Consent Confirmation either from our clinic or printed off of our website or faxed to you. This is one of three forms of consent Michigan law requires in order to have a termination. The other two forms of consent are a physicians consent (completed during your appointment) and verbal consent (performed on the phone during your appointment confirmation).
Verbal consent Information
Patient has the right to:
- Understand the probable gestational age of fetus, and will be confirmed with an ultrasound
- Contact our clinic on our 24 hour hotline or go to an urgent care for medical questions or concerns after abortion.
- Obtain pregnancy prevention information through Department of Community Health or our clinic after an abortion.
- Arrive on time for your appointment and be prepared to be at Scotsdale Women's Center for approximately 3 - 4 hours.
- Do not eat or drink for at least 2 hours before your appointment.
- No Children/infants, food, or drink allowed in lobby.
- Bring current photo I.D., nothing expired. If you have received your 24 hour consent information on line, you must bring the printed confirmation with you.
- Minors (under 18 years) must have parental consent or a judicial bypass according to State of Michigan Law.
- Payment in full is expected when you come in for your appointment. Financial assistance is available to low income women.
- All major credit cards are accepted; We DO NOT accept personal checks.
- You must have a driver with you to receive sedation.
- If anything prevents you from keeping your scheduled appointment CALL US. We are here to help you financially, emotionally, or any other way you need support. Just ASK!
Abortion Information in Detroit, MI
The current state limit to perform an abortion is at 23 weeks and 6 days. Our clinic performs abortions up to 15 weeks and 2 days.
The earliest an abortion can take place is 4 weeks after the first day of your last menstrual period.
Medical Abortion is available for patients up until 10 gestational weeks.
Surgical abortion is available for patients under 15 weeks and 2 days at our locations
Medical (Non-Surgical) Abortion:
The medical abortion is a safe, non-invasive option to terminate your pregnancy if you are under 10 gestational weeks. The medical abortion is a two-step process. The day of your appointment, the physician will give you an oral medication called Mifeprex. This medication blocks a hormone needed to continue your pregnancy. The following day, you will take a medication called Misoprostol. For more information about The Abortion Pill (or Mifeprex / RU-486), please call Scotsdale Women's Center. A phone counselor will be happy to answer your questions. Click Here for more information about Non Surgical Abortions.
For abortions under 14 weeks, termination occurs via a suction method. Vacuum aspiration abortion is performed between 6 to 15 gestational weeks. This safe and simple procedure takes approximately 5 to 7 minutes; this is the most common preformed abortion in the United States.
For more details, please visit our office and speak with a counselor.
Morning After Pill in Detroit, MI
Morning After Pill
YOU MAY WALK IN DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS TO PURCHASE THE "MORNING AFTER PILL Also Called RU486 | Early Option Pill | Mifeprex" AT OUR RECEPTION WINDOW. Morning After Pill (emergency contraception) - Is a second chance to prevent pregnancy.
Emergency contraception (also known as the "morning after pill") is a safe and effective way to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex or when birth control fails. Emergency contraception pills prevent pregnancy by temporarily stopping the release of an egg from a woman’s ovary; they may also prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus.
The morning after pill should be taken within 72 hours of unprotected vaginal intercourse. The sooner the pills are taken, the more effective they will be in preventing pregnancy. The "morning after pill" will not work if you are already pregnant. For more information Click Here.
Additional Services offered in Detroit, MI
Additional Services Offered
*Walk in Pregnancy Testing*
FREE UCG urine pregnancy test:
This test will detect pregnancy two weeks after your missed menstrual period.
$10 EPT urine pregnancy test:
This test will detect pregnancy 7 to 10 days after conception.
If Your Pregnancy Test Is Negative:
- You may NOT be pregnant.
- You are too early or late in your pregnancy for this test to show an accurate result.
- You may have had an early miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy.
- This may be a false negative or false reading. Something in the urine or container may have interfered with an accurate reading.
If Your Pregnancy Test Is Positive:
- You MAY be pregnant.
- This may be an ectopic pregnancy (the pregnancy is in the fallopian tube, not the uterus). This condition is dangerous and requires immediate hospitalization.
- The test may be a false positive or a false reading. Something in the urine or container may have interfered with an accurate reading.
*Walk in Morning After Pills*
1 for $35 or 2 for $50! Patients can receive an additional $10 off after writing a Google review!
*Walk in Ultrasound*
This service only determines gestational size for patients looking to terminate their pregnancy. The ultrasound will not detect any fetal abnormalities, ectopic pregnancies, or sex of the fetus.
Referrals to an OBGYN can be provided over the phone if you are planning to continue your pregnancy.
Post Procedure Intrusions in Detroit, MI
Post Procedure Intrusions
EMERGENCY CALLS may be made anytime, 24 hours a day. CALL: 313-538-2020
You may walk in anytime from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM Tuesday through Saturday if you have have concerns.
Here are some things to keep in mind for the week or two after the abortion:
- Avoid heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for 3 days.
- Avoid sexual intercourse, douching, or inserting anything into the vagina for two weeks after the surgery (including tampons). Doing so puts you at increased risk of infection.
- Bleeding after an abortion is normal. Irregular bleeding will occur for 4-6 weeks. However, you should walk in if your bleeding is heavier than described in the aftercare information.
- Cramping is normal after your abortion; take the medication provided to relieve discomfort. Follow the written instructions for pain relief in your aftercare information.
- Pregnancy symptoms usually disappear within a day or two. Breast tenderness, may last longer. If pregnancy symptoms persist 72 hours after your procedure, please come into our clinic.
- Most women return to work or school the following day. However, a doctor's note may be provided to you.
- Your next menstrual period will begin within 4-6 weeks.
- Medical complications are rare. Return to Scotsdale Women's Center if you need additional care. If you choose to go to another facility, we are not able to cover the costs.
- If you choose to be sexually active, and do not want to become pregnant again, you must choose a birth control method. Ovulation does occur before your next period and any unprotected sex could result in pregnancy.
- Your follow-up is scheduled 2-3 weeks after your initial appointment. This is to ensure you are no longer pregnant and that you are healing normally. There is no fee charged for this visit.
It is common to be emotional after an abortion. Some women feel elated or relieved, while others feel sad. Talk about how you feel with your partner or a good friend. If your feelings seem overwhelming, you may need more support. Call us and ask a staff member for referrals for further counseling. You can also contact Exhale the after-abortion talk line for free.
We encourage you to come into our clinic. If you have a question or concern, you may call any time or come in between 10:00 AM and 12:30 PM Tuesdays - Saturday. Follow up appointment are required 3 weeks after surgical procedure and 2 weeks after medical procedures.
Click here to learn more about Post Procedural Instructions